- Become knowledgeable about the Museum exhibits and basic history of Brown County.
- Be responsible for opening and closing during Museum hours, greeting visitors, taking admission and assist with tours of the Main Building and the Old Jail. Assistance in the upkeep and order of the galleries in the Main Building and at the Old Jail.
- Create and collaborate on the marketing/public relations of the Museum: website/online presence, social media, newsletters, printed materials, and radio. Work with volunteers/board members who are presently handling these PR and marketing tasks.
- Assist in volunteer correspondence, organization, and maintenance of documents and reports. Report any problems or concerns to the Coordinator. Assist in recruitment activities and follow-up on potential volunteers.
- Assist in the acceptance and organization of donated items and help manage collections. Knowledge of Excel is necessary. Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds. Long-term goal is to organize the collections area and inventory lists for collections and gift shop.
- Assist in the research process for new exhibits, programs, or other areas that the supervisor needs assistance in the development and creation process.
- Work with Event Committee in carrying out event plans and fundraisers. Work on posters and advertising for different events and programming. Help with set-up and tear down of special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested? Please Email Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org